The Chattahoochee Nature Center (CNC) is metro Atlanta’s largest nature center. CNC is located on 127 acres in the Chattahoochee River watershed in Roswell, Georgia. We seek to offer marketing students real-world experience in a professional setting outside the classroom. The ideal candidate will be reliable, have a strong work ethic, be willing to offer fresh ideas and be a part of the team, and will be eager to help with any and all of the many “guerilla-style” marketing tactics for this non-profit organization with slim marketing dollars. The internship is unpaid and requires a minimum of 10 hours per week.
The Marketing Intern is responsible for assisting the team with the creation and design of various forms of print collateral, as well as CNC website coordination and social media. The individual reports to the Marketing Manager and works in a supporting role with all departments including: Community Programs, Development, Community Relations, Education, Camp, Wildlife, Horticulture, and Administration.
Typical job duties may include: Producing print collateral, a quarterly newsletter, marketing campaigns utilizing social media, e-mail, website updates, writing and editing various documents and publications for both internal and external use, producing videos and photos, working with media, assisting with events, and “roll up your sleeves” unglamorous, yet necessary tasks such as database compilation and stuffing envelopes.
• Bachelor’s degree candidate in the Marketing field from a full-time accredited college/university is preferred
• Ability to manage various projects and meet required deadlines
• Superb written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in the use of and the Microsoft Office Suite
• Proficient in the use of social media vehicles (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
• Familiarity with using Adobe Creative Suite software is a plus
• Knowledge and understanding of web design is a plus
Please send a resume, writing sample, in addition to optional design samples to Libby Lintel, CNC’s coordinator via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Please place the words “Marketing Intern Candidate” in the subject line of your email.