The Public Interest Network is recruiting a Vice President/Chief of Staff to manage a portfolio that includes Green Corps, the Student PIRGs, Toxics Action Center, and other activism organizations we have founded.
Job Description and Responsibilities
The Vice President and Chief of Staff will join the leadership team of The Public Interest Network. They will be responsible for oversight and management of several organizations founded by or affiliated with The Public Interest Network. The Vice President will be accountable to the Network’s leadership for fulfilling the mission and meeting the business plan of each group in their portfolio.
The Vice President will work in partnership with the leadership of each organization in their portfolio to:
• Write multi-year and fiscal year strategic plans
• Identify and develop programs and campaigns
• Maintain a budget and fundraising plan
• Hire and develop staff and future leadership
The ideal candidate will be:
• An effective team-builder who can recruit high-level staff, provide training and development, and shape a committed group.
• Detail-oriented: able to keep a budget and remain on top of finances.
• Creative, effective at solving complex problems, and a strategic thinker who can evaluate a competitive landscape and craft a multi-year plan.
• A good people-person, listener, and communicator who has strong judgment in hiring staff.
• A good mentor who is also comfortable enforcing and explaining policy and personnel decisions.
Minimum qualifications: 10 years of experience in campaign or program development, grassroots organizing, organization building, and/or campaign politics. Related advanced degrees such as a J.D. or Master’s may count towards experience, but are not required.
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation for this position is commensurate with the relevant professional experience and/or advanced degrees that a candidate has. The Public Interest Network offers a competitive benefits package.
Boston, Washington, D.C., or Denver. This position will require an average of 5 days of travel monthly.
Things To Know When You Apply
The Public Interest Network is a group of organizations that share a vision of a better country, a set of core values, and a strategic approach to making positive change. Click here for things you should know about our network when you apply.
Deadline to apply: November 22, 2017
The Public Interest Network is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, disability, pregnancy, or veteran status.